Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Self help

Some of the people I love best in the world are going through some pretty shit times. We deal with these overwhelming times in a variety of ways, some of us through nicotine (in various forms), some with Xanax, some with alcohol, and some of us use nature's very own antidepressant.

I tend to want to be very manic and fuel that mania through sugar and shopping highs. I know this about myself. And while I might prefer to bury my face in this


and buy some of this



I know its not the best for my waistline (do I even still have one of those?) or our meager bank account. Now is as good a time as any to be a grown up and make better choices (anyone else with a couple, or more, kids still feel like the title of adult is for your parents and not you?).

Besides I know that best form of self help isn't really self help; its being around those that care for you. People that care enough to make fun of you and themselves. People that know just what you need to smile and forget about the shit for a while.

And yes, I'm talking about you, my people. Thank God I've got people. I would be much worse for the wear without you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deborah said...

MMMMM Ice cream and yarn but I sure could use a nice ole frappie from Starbucks we should get together one of these times I'm over that way and do just that!!! Love you!!!

4:28 PM  
Blogger BK said...

You deserve some ice cream, chicky. You can have mine ;) And waistline, please...you were *working* that red and white top last Tuesday. No joke.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home