Sunday, February 01, 2009

Happy birthday to me.

As an early birthday present my husband made me a delicious dinner Saturday night. He prepared lemon pepper chicken with mashed potatoes and peas. He even made gravy from scratch for the first time. It was very tasty! I'm looking forward to the leftovers tomorrow for lunch.

He also gave me my gifts early (we tend to do that a lot).

A beautiful yarn bowl



The yarn in the bowl is for some socks I'm making him.

And this lovely necklace



These are both handmade items purchased from Etsy. I love that he picked such thoughtful gifts and that they are handmade. I really appreciate handmade items as I understand the effort and care that goes into making things yourself.

Thank you, Shawn. It was a lovely day even though my head was congested and my nose was running.

5 Comments:

Blogger Karinda said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!!!
That is so sweet, what your hubby did for you. The thoughtful, simple gifts mean so much!

9:02 AM  
Blogger Lee said...

Happy Birthday!

The necklace is beautiful.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Deborah said...

Happy Belated Birthday sweetie!!! What lovely presents you got I LOVE that necklace it's beautiful!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Hennifer said...

Happy Belated Birthday! What wonderful gifts! Sorry to hear you have the crud too.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Heart Salve said...

Happy Birthday! That yarn bowl looks awesome! My dh needs some very serious lessons on gift buying!

10:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home