Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Fully Mine

I hold her. I can hold her head to toe in my arms. Not so long ago I held her head to toe inside of me. I hold her cheek to cheek and smell her breath. I inhale deeply to breath her in. I feel every sweet wrinkle on her feet and legs. Her smooth skin and fuzzy hair are intoxicating. I love that right now she is fully mine. I can hold her and kiss her and talk to her all day and she never tires of me. She wants her mama, now.

But I know that soon she will want her independence. She will want to see the world and all the things in it. She will push away from me. She will choose other people over me. She will grow and she won't fit in my arms head to toe.

For now, I'm happy that she's mine. I'm glad to get one more chance for baby rolls, soft skin, smiles, laughs, nurses, snuggles, grunts, and to have that comforting and perfect weight in my arms.

3 Comments:

Blogger Heart Salve said...

Your kids have the sweetest faces. They look so much alike!

11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Precious post, Megan. :D

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was beautiful. She is beautiful! <3

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home